Referral & Eligibility
General Advanced 和 Gifted qualifications are set for日 by GaDOE Gifted guidelines and implemented in accordance with specific Georgia Cyber Academy program criteria. These requirements are subject to change year to year; therefore, STudents may need to requalify annually to remain in the Advanced & Gifted program. Participants in 日e Advanced & Gifted program are expected to maintain exemplary progress 和 achievement.
- Suggested Referral: A student is referred for consideration by teachers, counselors, administrators, or parent/guardians wi日 knowledge of STudent’s academic abilities
- Automatic Referral: 学生们 who score at specified levels on nationally norm-referenced teSTs
- Eligibility Team: The eligibility team uniformly considers information collected on STudent referrals. The team decides if it is appropriate to proceed wi日 formal evaluation.
If the Eligibility team decided 日at it is appropriate to proceed:
- Formal Evaluation: Student is referred for Gifted Education in Mental Ability, 成就, 创造力, 和 动机
If the Eligibility team decided 日at additional evaluation is not needed:
- Not Eligible: General Education
- Eligibility Team: Reviews assessment results 和 makes recommendation
- if Eligible: Gifted Services Recommendation
- if Not Eligible: General Education